Almost finished

20130225-185550.jpg
Here is the bird painting adhered to the quilted base using one of my all time favourite products, fusible webbing. I had planned to adhere the whole painted piece in one, but it had other ideas, wrinkling and creasing. So, I decided to cut each leaf away at the stem and adhere them separately. That worked much better.

20130225-185836.jpg
I started quilting the feet first, decided they looked good and continued on. I used 3 or 4 different shades of threads and basically tried to sketch with the needle to enhance the painting.

20130225-190132.jpg
Here is the eye detail.

I cut tiny slivers of sheers to enhance the feather appearance.

20130225-190700.jpg

This entry was published on February 26, 2013 at 6:00 am. It’s filed under longarm quilting, my work, quilting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: